WHAT WE DO
Drilling and Blasting
- For quarries, roads, highways, pipelines, industrial site developments, sub-divisions, underground utilities, controlled blasting in residential and developed commercial areas.
Drilling and Installation of Rock Socket Pipe Piles
- Pipe Dock Installation
- Pipe Pile Installation for Grade Beams
Installation of Post Tension Anchor Systems
- Over Burden Anchors
- Rock Anchors
- Consolidating Grouting
- In the form of rock bolts, mesh, steel and straps
WHO WE ARE
Arising out of construction, energy and mining sector which characterized the Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northwestern Ontario in the 1950’s and 60’s, Agassiz has become known over the past 57 years for its ability to design and deliver creative and innovative drilling and blasting solutions. Safety, quality and respect for deadlines characterize company operations.
Agassiz Drilling 2000 Ltd. operates on the belief that safety is the number one priority when providing our services – to protect the health and safety of our workers, customers, public and the environment. Agassiz Drilling endeavors to provide our clients unparalleled quality, craftsmanship, and personalized attention. This business approach entrenches us with our clients, private and public, which is reflected by our growing business throughout the North.
Since the inception of Agassiz Drilling we have established a solid reputation and a proven track record throughout the North providing our specialty drilling work such as overburden anchors for Hydro and bar and strand anchor installation on Hydroelectric dams.
Agassiz Drilling brings specialized equipment along with the intangibles of over thirty years of experience in a variety climates. We are confident that if given the opportunity to provide our services our end product will meet and exceed your expectations.
In 2010, Agassiz in joint with the Manitoba Institute of Management, established a professional training program for surface drillers. This diversification recognized the emerging demand for qualified surface drillers across the Canadian Shield, in the construction, energy and mining sectors.
- Sandvik DX800s
- Tamrock Ranger 800s
- Tamrock Pantera 1100s
- Tamrock Ranger 700s
- Le-Roi Hydraulic Drills
- Acker Core Drill Model PT-22
- Ingersol Rand ELM350 Airtrack c/w VL140 Hammer
- Gardner Denver 3000 Airtrack modified to come apart in 4-1000 lb. pieces to fly with Helicopter
- Gardner Denver 3800 Airtrack c/w PR123
We are currently in the final phase of working towards becoming COR certified and we strive to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations for the best interests of the communities we operate in, to promote and protect our employee’s health and to better serve our clients.
There are three key principles at the heart of our approach:
- Leadership promoting a culture where everyone is focused on safety, on managing and reducing risk and on safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Operate on the principle of having clear expectations of management to foster a leadership approach.
Independent, effective checks and balances and self-verification being carried out at all levels of the organization.
- While we maintain our focus on processes, practices and procedures, we also place great emphasis on how our workforce implements them, thereby working to strengthen safety culture and workforce capability.